Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Roll Call

I've been blogging since February 19, 2008! This post makes 565 times that I've written something and hit "publish" (well, truth be told, I've written some things that I didn't let anyone else read).

Early on, blogs were a bigger deal than Facebook (gasp!). Back in 2008, Facebook was just starting to be on the radar of people outside of college campuses, so when people read blogs, they commented more. Now, I read some more popular blogs with large reader bases and those get lots of comments. In fact, I kind of worry about some of the people who comment because I'm not sure if they have forgotten that they aren't really friends with the bloggers. And some forget that the bloggers are real people with real feelings. Yikes! I've read some ugly comments that people make to a writer they haven't ever met in real life!

Back to my little blog, I haven't been getting many comments lately, so I wonder if anyone besides my dear mother and sister read what I'm writing. Granted, a lot of what I write about is for our family history, so to speak, but still, it would be nice to know if anyone else out there is reading.

So, I'd like to do a roll call! Please make a comment and let me know who you are and where you are from. I know that I can see some stats on my blog, but this will feel more personal.

And you never know, maybe I'll have some kind of surprise for you if you comment!

No comments: