Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Favorites: Blogs (again)

I think I listed some blogs on a Friday Favorite another time, but there are always more blogs to find and I have two new favorites. They aren't actually "new" blogs, but I just started reading them lately, so they are new to me.


The first one I found was Big Mama, written by Melanie Shankle. She had just written a book called Sparkly Green Earrings and I bought an e-book version and loved it. In fact, it might have been my very first e-book to read on my Nexus 7. I quickly discovered her blog, too, and it's just fun to read about her life with her nine-year-old daughter and their family's lives in San Antonio, TX.






Then from the Big Mama blog, I found her friend, Boo Mama, a.k.a. Sophie Hudson. She has also recently published a book, too, called A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet, but I don't have it yet (waiting for Amazon or Google to make it a "deal"). I look forward to reading her book about her life growing up in Mississippi because I enjoy reading her blog.



These women are friends in real life (as opposed to the blog life) and also do occasional podcasts that are fun to listen to. Imagine just eavesdropping on a couple of friends having coffee and that's what the podcast is. Except that these friends have funny stories, not just boring lives that they are whining about. It's fun to listen to while I'm doing something else (walking, making cards, cleaning).

So, there you have it. Two of my most recent favorite blogs! Hope you're having a Happy Friday!

No comments: