Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Favorites: Songs of the Redeemed



Our church just celebrated its 20th anniversary and as part of the celebration, we released a new worship CD, "Songs of the Redeemed." It was recorded with a live congregation and worship band and makes you feel like you are sitting in one of our worship services. I have been listening to it when I drive in the car and am sure that people at stop lights are wondering what that woman in the CR-V is belting out so fervently!

I've blogged about my love for worship music before, but let me say again how much songs of faith are good for my soul. I can be having a down week/day/moment, but if I play some worship songs, I am quickly reminded of what is important and that it's not all about me! Some of the songs on the new CD were very meaningful to me after my dad died and it's very special to have them in a collection that I can listen to whenever I want/need to.

Worship songs also help me to "speak the gospel to myself" and remember the truths of God's word. I love that there are congregational readings on the worship CDs that our church has produced and that the words of Romans 8 ("Waves of Grace"), 2 Corinthians 4:5-11, 16-18, Luke 18:9-14 and other passages ("Songs of the Redeemed") can be embedded into my heart and mind as I listen over and over again.

If you don't already have it, you can download or order a copy of the new CD at this link. I think you'll see why this has fast become a favorite for me!

And before I go, let me give a quick shout-out to my friends, Jay and Kristi, who designed the cover of the CD, as well as the bulletins and banners that were unveiled at the 20th anniversary last week!

No comments: