Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Favorite: Downton Abbey

I wrote a post last year about my affinity for the show, Downton Abbey, but I just had to write about it again, since Season Three is airing now in the U.S. on Sunday nights.

Before the new season started, I went back and watched Season One and Season Two again. And I even got my sister and brother-in-law hooked and they got caught up on the story just in time to start watching Season Three.

On the weekend that Season Three was going to air, I had the idea that it would be fun to invite some friends over for "tea and crumpets" while we watched the two-hour premier. So I put out the invite and made plans to purchase some scones and made some cucumber sandwiches. My friends also brought goodies like petit fours, cheese and crackers and chicken salad. It wasn't "high tea" in the true sense of the word, but we had fun trying out our British accents and giving commentary as we watched the episode.


I've also been getting a kick out of hearing other people talk about the show, namely some male friends. The other night after choir rehearsal, two men and I were saying that we needed to get home to watch the next episode and ended up speculating about how things might end this season. In my opinion, it needs to have a longer run, but I guess they like to keep us coming back for more.

If you haven't gotten caught up in the Downton Abbey craze, you're not too late! Grab some DVDs or find it online and you'll be hooked!

No comments: