Thursday, May 12, 2016

East Tennessee and the Dogwood Arts Festival

It's been a while since I have written, and last week a friend told me that she reads my blog, so I thought I should post something.

The past few weeks have been filled with some fun outings/activities. At the end of April I drove to East Tennessee to visit the Goddards who were visiting Doug's parents in Dandridge. Part of the reason for the trip was also to see Daniel play with Briston Maroney at the Dogwood Arts Festival at Market Square in Knoxville.

On Saturday morning, Doug, Leanne and I went out on the boat on Douglas Dam and had a relaxing time just drifting around while Doug fished, Leanne knitted (and drove) and I colored. Very chill and very fun to just be together!





Later that afternoon, we headed to downtown Knoxville and walked around the Dogwood Arts Festival and listened to some great music (I'm a little biased). It started to rain during the show, but we had umbrellas and made it through. While we were eating dinner afterward, the rain got a lot harder and we were thankful that we weren't sitting out in it then.




I love getting to spend time at the Goddard farm in Dandridge. It is somehow calming and peaceful for this born and bred city girl to wake up in the morning and look out the window at cows and horses grazing on the hillside meadows. And I always love a barn!





No comments: