Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Update #1

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about my Summer Bucket List. I am happy to report that there has been some progress made on checking things off of my list!

  1. Go on a vacation with Daniel (this is a easy one, since our trip is planned)
  2. Create scrapbook layouts for the first six months of 2015 using the Project Life app
  3. Get together with some friends to get some other scrapbooking done
  4. Make cards (either alone or with a friend)
  5. Create monthly/seasonal "vingette" on top of my entertainment center
  6. Do a DIY project for my home
  7. Have a cook-out
  8. Try a new recipe
  9. Cook at home at least once a week
  10. Write a note to someone every week
  11. Read for at least an hour a day
  12. Watch the fireworks on 4th of July
  13. Go to the Farmer's Market
  14. Attend a local festival
  15. Go on a day-trip
Go on a vacation with Daniel (CHECK)
As I said when I wrote the bucket list, number one on the list was going to be easy to cross off, since our trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon had already been planned. I think I can safely speak for Daniel and myself when I say that our trip was awesome in every way. I'll be posting about different places we saw, starting with The Grand Canyon!

Try a new recipe (CHECK)
Maybe I need to do this one again with a recipe for something that I've never cooked before, but I did use a different cobbler recipe and also added the blueberries as my own special flair.


Watch the fireworks on the 4th of July (CHECK-ish)
I went to a Nashville Sounds baseball game on the 3rd of July and saw their live fireworks show after the game. But then it rained a lot on the 4th of July, so I watched the highly-acclaimed Nashville fireworks show on my phone from the comfort of my bed (and stayed nice and dry).


Friday at the Sounds game

Saturday from my screen

Go to the Farmer's Market (CHECK-ish)
OK, maybe this doesn't really count, but on Friday before the baseball game, we ate dinner at the food court at the Nashville Farmer's Market. I probably will try and go again for the purpose of buying some produce. Oh, but I did buy some peaches from a stand on Thursday.



No comments: