Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Favorites: Rice and Bean Chips






Oh. My. Word. These chips that I found at Kroger (on sale 2/$5) are soooo good! They also come in some kind of chipotle flavor and a sea salt variation (those are good, but not as good as the other two). YUM!

I originally bought these to be "my" chips, since I've not been eating corn/tortilla chips or pita chips very much. In fact, since this brand was on sale and you could mix and match, I bought some pita chips for D-man and the rice and bean chips for Moi. Didn't take long before I'd come home and find "my" chips opened and almost gone! A-hem, D-man, thanks for eating "my" chips! :-) Needless to say, I started just buying two of the rice and bean kind and calling it a day (yes, these could be gone in a day at our house).

I also discovered a tasty treat to make with these chips. Layer some on a plate and scatter some chunks or strips of cooked chicken breast (I usually buy the pre-cooked kind that has southwestern seasoning) and then top with shredded cheese. Microwave or put under the toaster oven to melt the cheese and you have some yummy nachos! Add some avocado and/or salsa and it's even more better!


No comments: