Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #4

For my fourth memory verse, I have decided to use a verse I mentioned in my Valentine's post:

"I am the LORD, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations."
Isaiah 42:6, New American Standard Version
 
This verse was an encouragement to me and I want to try to get it to stay in my head. Also, I need a constant reminder that God called me and makes me righteous and that He holds me by the hand and watches over me. These are not new concepts for me, but there are times when I forget these truths.
 
Feel free to comment if you are joining me in this lofty goal of memorizing 24 verses this year. I've had emails from friends who are doing this and it helps me to know that there are others out there.

No comments: