Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!

I love Christmastime! It has almost always been a very happy time for me and for our family. Yes, there have been some Christmases that weren't as joyful as others, for various reasons, but for the most part, I have been blessed with happy memories of this time of year.



One of the things that I love is decorating the Christmas tree and seeing Christmas lights. Last night in New York City, the tree in Rockefellar Plaza was lit for the season and it made me just clap and cheer as I watched it on TV (and yes, my teenager made a little fun of me). I have sweet memories of our family taking our traditional trek into the City each December 23rd to see the tree and the decorated windows of all the famous department stores. I admit that I get a little homesick for NY/NJ at this time of year.

Another tradition that we started in our family about ten years ago is the Advent Jesse Tree. You can read about it here. I might give you the other links each day this month (cheating, I know), since I'm kind of still resting (if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'll sell you real cheap!).

No comments: