Thursday, July 1, 2010

I must have blinked

I really am not sure how it is possible that Daniel is already fifteen years old, but I must have blinked at some point along the way and missed him growing up!

No, not really. The fact is that I've had the best seat in the house (front row center) to watch my baby boy growing into a man. He's not quite "there" yet, but I can see it, and I have to look up when I do.

Since this is the first time I've been away from him on his birthday (he decided to spend his birthday with about 30 or so of his friends in Washington, DC, on the youth mission trip), I thought that gives me license to be a tad bit sentimental. So, let the music to "Through the Years" play in your head and take a look at how fast this has gone by!




July 2, 1996
1st birthday (kind of blurry, but you get the idea)


July 2, 2000

Turning FIVE! (Party at the bowling alley)


July 2, 2005

TENTH birthday (at LaserQuest w/ a Star Wars cake)


This was on Mother's Day this year, and you can see that he's taller than I am,

even with me in my high heels!

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

We will keep celebrating your milestones with joy!

Love, Mom

No comments: