Monday, December 8, 2008

Advent: Day Eight

OK, I'm tired tonight and this is going to be a challenging week for me to post every day. I have been encouraged and motivated by those who have told me that they appreciate my effort, though, so I will keep trying. Just know I might need some grace this week.

Today's ornament is a tablet with ten numbers, representing Moses and the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20:1-20; 32:15-18). I liked the prayer from the Advent Jesse Tree book today:

Lord, when the children of Isreal were slaves in a strange land, You sent them a leader, letting them know You are a God who cares about them. You gave them the Law to remind them of their sinfulness. We know our need for You. We fail every day. We confess these sins to You, and ask that by Your mercy You forgive us. Thank you for sending our Emancipator, Jesus, to free us from the bondage of sin. Thank You for sending Your Spirit to empower us to live a life for You. Amen (p. 40)

No comments: