I have had this on my list from the beginning, but have put off writing a post about my friends because I don't want to leave anyone out. God has blessed me beyond measure with friends throughout my life. Some of them have been in my life for a season of time, and others I am still in touch with today. I am thankful that God has put each person in my life for a reason and that He continues to bless me daily by words of encouragement and love from my friends.
Since I decided that I won't name names, I'll just list some categories of friends that God has given to me:
- Friends who pray with and for me.
- Friends who have known me since the fifth grade (or earlier grades).
- Friends who share my passion for scrapbooking and card-making.
- Friends who worked with me on camp staffs during the summers in high school and college.
- Friends who were my honorary older (or younger) brothers and sisters.
- Friends whose parents were friends with my parents before I was born.
- Friends who hold me accountable and encourage me in many different areas of discipline in my life.
- Friends who I worship with on a weekly basis.
- Friends who have been my neighbors through the years.
- Friends who were in the high school marching band with me.
- Friends who have been (or are currently) my coworkers.
- Friends who I went to college with.