As I have grown up, both physically and spiritually, I have become more and more aware of the many promises that God gives us in the Bible. And as I have experienced more of the ups and downs of life, I have learned how true these promises are. Not just for the people who read them thousands of years ago, but for us today as well!
Here are some of the promises that have brought comfort and hope to me during longer seasons of difficulties or just when I was having a hard day:
- God will never leave me or forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8; Joshua 1:5; Hebrews 13:5).
- God will uphold me with His righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10).
- God knows the plans He has for me (Jeremiah 29:11-13).
- Nothing can separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).
- There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).
- Our God of peace will sanctify me through and through and will make me more like Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8).