For a little over a year and half now, I have not had any stress about coming to work each weekday! That is because I absolutely L-O-V-E my job! And not only do I love what I do, I love working with the crew that is pictured above (minus one, since he defected, but it was worth using the picture).
There is such a comraderie among this group and each one brings a different aspect of fun to working together (not to mention each one's special talents). They all have given me a great environment in which to work where there is much grace and acceptance and teamwork. I like to think of them as my older and younger brothers and sister and I enjoy getting to spend time with them during the weekdays.
Some specific things I am thankful for are:
- Scott's servant leadership and encouragement, and for the opportunity to serve the Lord as I support him in the work he does.
- Bill's servant heart as well, the way that he is always finding something that needs to be done around the church property, and also manages the finances and other administrative tasks.
- Jeff's creative genius and getting to hear songs being written. I also am thankful for his commitment to purposefully planning relevant worship experiences for the congregation each week.
- Jason's baking skills have to be among the things I'm thankful for, as well as his inclination toward mechanical things. I have hollered out for his help many a time when the copier was not cooperating and he is always willing to help problem-solve.
- Josh's attentiveness to my teenager and allowing Daniel to hang out with him whenever he's in the office means a great deal. Yes, Josh is the youth minister, but he has invested time and energy into my son's life and for that I am grateful!
- Sondra's mixture of gentleness and humor help us both get through some of the more challenging days (or telemarketing phone calls). Since she and I have to spend 40 hours a week together in the same room, I'm thankful that we have quickly become friends as well as coworkers in the few short months since she came on board.