Sunday, November 14, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Fourteen

For Day Fourteen, I am thankful for my church.

Sunday is probably my favorite day of the week and it is primarily because it's the day when I usually go to worship at Grace Community Church. I first visited a worship service over ten years ago, and felt like I'd come home from the first song we sang. I brought my family back with me the following Sunday and we joined a few months later. I know that no church is perfect and that Grace is not the place that everyone wants to join, but for me, it is my favorite place to worship and serve the Lord.

Some of the reasons I am thankful for Grace Community Church are:
  • The gospel is unashamedly, clearly and boldly preached there every week.
  • The leadership is genuine and have servant hearts.
  • The worship times are meaningful and point me to God.
  • I have grown (and continue to grow) spiritually there.
  • It is a place of intimate community and the people there have surrounded me with love, care, encouragement, accountability, and grace.
  • My son has been given a strong foundation in his faith and has people who invest their lives into helping him continue to grow spiritually.
  • There is a deep commitment to being a part of furthering the Kingdom of God globably, as well as in our back yard.
I am so glad that God led me to this church and has allowed me to serve there.

No comments: