Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Eight

For Day Eight, I am thankful for my sweet nieces!



Two years ago, when Erica was born, I was so excited to have a niece! Of course, I love my boy and have enjoyed getting to be a mother, but there was something so fun about the idea of being an aunt to a girl! It also helped because Jeanette was all about the pink theme, and I was so amazed at how "girly" and "pink" Erica was from the moment I saw her!

As Erica grew, I got a front-row seat to every stage and once she started interacting more and recognizing me, and then being able to talk, it was a huge thrill to hear her say, "Aunt Nette" in her sweet little voice.

Then, when Jeanette and Russell found out that they were going to have another girl, the excitement just grew to a new level. After growing up with a sister, it was so fun to think about Jeanette having two girls and the two of them being able to have each other to grow up with like Jeanette and I did.

I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be an aunt and to have the opportunity to be involved in their lives. With my own son growing up and quickly approaching the day when he leaves the nest, it's comforting to know that I will still be able to watch Erica and Mary Lane grow up and that I can look forward to having fun "girl times" with them.

No comments: