Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"S" is for Sister

Happy September! I was happy to turn my calendar this morning and realize that we're in the fourth quarter of 2015. That makes me happy because lots of fun things happen in the last four months of the year: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fall, and my sweet sister's birthday (later this week).

In honor of her birthday, I am going to post every day this week and give some thoughts using the letters in the word, "Sister."

"S" is for Sister
I know that's an obvious choice, but the biggest blessings in my life have come from having Jeanette as my sister. From the day she was born or at least when we brought her home from the hospital (and yes, I do remember that day), I recognized my role as big sister and knew that this new person in my life would be significant.

I didn't always appreciate her like I should have, but as we have grown up and are once again living in separate cities, I don't take for granted how special our relationship is. I am thankful that she was born and that God gave us each a special friend to walk through life with!


No comments: