Wednesday, February 11, 2015

It's trivial

Last night I finally took some friends up on an invitation to come play Trivia with them at a restaurant. If you are not familiar with this fun activity, various restaurants will host Trivia Night, and will hire a company to organize a game of trivia with different teams (or individuals). I had heard of people doing this, but had not experienced it for myself. And let me tell you, it's a fun time!

My friends already had a team of people who have played together for a year or more, but they had room for me to join in. They told me that they are discriminating about who they invite to play, but I was a little worried that I'd be a liability to the team. As it turned out, it's good to have a variety of people of different ages and interests on the team because the questions are on a wide range of topics. Last night there were questions about sports, advertising, television, history, to name a few. And thankfully, the group decides the final answer that they want to turn in, so no one person is totally responsible for successes or failures.

I've always said that I know a little bit about a lot of things, so maybe my habit of getting my news and information from the Yahoo homepage isn't as bad as I once thought.

If you enjoy the board game "Trivial Pursuit" or the game show "Jeopardy," you're should get a group of friends together and look for a place to play live trivia. It's a fun way to spend an evening!


No comments: