Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Mom!


I love my mom and her fun-loving spirit! Her choice of activity for her birthday celebration with our family last weekend was for us to all go play miniature golf! It proved to be a very fun intergenerational activity!

Miss Three and Miss Five had never played putt-putt before, although Miss Three told Grandma that she'd played croquet sometime. None of us could think where she would have done that or even heard of it, but you never know with her. She might have seen someone playing it in a book or on a DVD.

The Birthday Girl (Mom/Grandma) went first at each hole, followed by Miss Three and Miss Five. Miss Three made her own rules as she went along and surprisingly (or not) made a lot of "hole-in-ones" (sort of). Miss Five could hold the club a little better and tried to learn a good stance. That left the three "middles" (age, that is) to bring up the rear and possibly actually play the game.

We did have one other group start to come behind us and then they quickly realized that they might have to wait a while at each hole. Thankfully, the place wasn't too crowded and we played all 18 holes at our own pace. I think my brother-in-law may have won, although he was the score-keeper, so you never know! :-)

I got a hole-n-one on the last hole where they keep the ball and won a free bag of popcorn that I shared with everyone. It was a nice treat at the end of the game and gave us something to tide us over before we got to dinner at Zaxby's (a whole 2 miles down the road).
Mr College Guy was missing from the action, but we thought about him and past fun times playing putt-putt when he was younger.

I'm thankful for my mom and for our family and that we can celebrate life together.

No comments: