Sunday, June 17, 2012

World's Best Dad

Summer 1977

Father's Day 2011
I have been wavering about what to blog about on this first Father's Day without my dad here on earth with us. To be honest, I started dreading this day a few weeks ago (probably right after Mother's Day) when I kept seeing ads and emails for Father's Day gifts. I wasn't looking forward to a reminder that my dad is not with us (like I needed a reminder). I just wanted it to be Monday, June 18.

But today is the day. I woke up with thankfulness in my heart for having a father who loved me unconditionally and who cared for every aspect of my life. Of course, he was not perfect, and neither am I as his daughter, but my dad gave me a wonderful picture of my Heavenly Father that helped me to have faith and trust and hope in Christ. I am so thankful to have a dad who I miss on Father's Day (and every day). And I am thankful that my earthly father is with our Heavenly Father and is free from sadness and sickness and the pain of this world.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!

No comments: