Monday, January 30, 2012

Sometimes I wish . . .

  . . . that I could have an electronic message board on the back of my car that I could program from inside whenever someone behind me was doing something annoying.

Like the lady behind me today when I was waiting for a pedestrian to cross the street before I turned right. HONK! I pointed to the man in the crosswalk. He saw me and thought I was being impatient, so then I felt the need to try to let him know that the lady behind me was honking at me.

Yeah, that message board could have come in handy today . . . or it might have gotten me into some deep trouble. One time a few years ago, I was mentioning that idea to Daniel while we were driving home on the interstate. I said something about how it would be nice if I could have a way to talk to the other drivers. He looked at me and said in his awesome middle-school wisdom, "Mom, sometimes that wouldn't be a very good idea."

I guess it's a good thing I'm not an inventor. I'll just have to let my wishes be wishes.

No comments: