Monday, September 19, 2011

The final countdown

It's the week of the Nashville Women's Half Marathon! Race Day is Saturday! That fact brings many different emotions for me and I thought I'd share a couple of ways that you can support me in this endeavor this week:
  1. Pray for me, and for my friends (Ruth, Sondra, Libby, and Tiffanie) who will be walking or running, as well as the many other people involved in this event. Pray for cool temps and no rain on Saturday. Pray for us to get adequate rest this week (I have a busy week and will need to be purposeful about going to bed on time). Pray for us to not be too nervous as the day approaches. Just think about all the ways that anxiety and nerves can manifest themselves and pray that those won't happen.
  2. Cheer for us on Saturday, either from the actual race course, or in your heart at home. I know it's early to be out and about on a Saturday morning, so I don't have high expectations for seeing people along the way, but if you're so inclined, here's a link to the map of the course. We're going to try to be walking a 15-minute mile, so we hope to finish in about three and a half hours (give or take a few minutes). I won't know until I pick up my race packet what time we'll be starting to walk (they'll start us later than the runners), but if you plan to come out, you can touch base with me on Friday and I can give you a better time estimate.
I mostly feel very excited about this adventure and know that there will be so much going on around us on race day that it will keep me motivated and energized. I'm ready to feel what it's like to cross the finish line and put that 13.1 sticker on my car!

No comments: