Friday, July 15, 2011

Dessert-of-the-Month: June/July

I got so caught up in other things during the month of June that I totally forgot to make Russell his Dessert-of-the-Month! By the time I realized what I had done, it was the 4th of July weekend, so it was the perfect opportunity to combine the treats for June and July into a fun summer dessert to share with the whole family!

Back at the beginning of this year, Russell had chosen things that he would like to have throughout the year and he chose Rice Krispie Treats and homemade ice cream for his June and July options, so that's what we had. I had a little bit of "user error" with the ice cream freezer, but it still tasted good and since I have some whipping cream left over, I need to try, try again to see if I can learn from my mistake. Thankfully, the ice cream still tasted good and I didn't get any complaints from anyone.

(Vintage harvest gold ice cream maker that I think my mom bought with Green Stamps)

 Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats

Yummy final result!

No comments: