Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #11

Happy June! It's a new month and time for a new scripture memory verse:

"God’s way is perfect.
All the Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection."
Psalm 18:30, New Living Translation

I have been pondering some truths of the Bible and about God this week. One of those is that "His way is perfect." In the New American Standard Bible, the word "blameless" is used in place of perfect, but in the notes, it listed "perfect, having integrity, complete." So if His way is perfect, then it is best, even if my finite, human, imperfect mind can't understand it. His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:9).
 
Another truth that I've had a recent "A-ha!" moment about is the promise that God does not withhold good from His children (those who follow Him and walk according to His ways). Again, His definition of "good" and mine sometimes don't match, but it gave me comfort to realize that since God does not purposefully keep good things from me, so if I don't have something (right now) that I think I need/want, then it must not be good for me (right now). "A-ha!"
 
And since this post is about what scripture I'm going to attempt to put in my brain and meditate on over the next couple of weeks, I wanted to share a link to some creative ideas for memorizing scripture (or helping others to do so). I'll admit that when I read this post, I felt kind of guilty that I a) hadn't done as "great a job" at memorizing scripture this year as I want to think I have and b) that I have somewhat failed as a mom because I didn't encourage scripture memory with my son when he was young. But that guilt was pointless and not from the Lord, and I was thankfully able to switch over to being thankful that each day is a new day and that it's not too late for either me or Daniel to put scripture in our heads and hearts. And it's not too late for anyone reading this either.

No comments: