Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dessert-of-the-Month: April


For my brother-in-law's April dessert (see here if you need the back story), he requested chocolate chip cookies. I thought that would be a pretty easy request to fill, and it was . . . for the most part. On the last day of March, one of my co-workers was celebrating his birthday and his family came by the office with a plate of cookies for him. He shared some with us and they were g-ooo-d! And they were chocolate chip! So I asked him for the recipe and he pulled it up from allrecipes.com. They are called "Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies" and I don't know what award they got, but I think they deserved it!

I will definitely keep these in mind for the next time I feel like making a huge (6 dozen) batch of cookies. Speaking of that, I almost doubled the recipe (don't know what I was thinking), and I'm so glad I was short some ingredients and wasn't able to do that! Also, if I'm going to get into making cookies like this (which I'm not saying I am), I might need to upgrade from the little hand-held mixer that I got as a wedding gift almost 20 years ago.

I also think it would be fun to change up the chips a little bit, too. I'm thinking white chocolate with macadamia nuts. Or maybe peanut butter chips. The possibilities really are endless.

No comments: