Sunday, April 3, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #7

It's time for a new verse to add to my brain, and more importantly, my heart. I liked the one that Beth Moore suggested for this time because it speaks to my need to not give up when things get hard. I have had this tendency for most of my life and while I don't usually actually throw in the towel, I get frustrated and get a negative attitude about whatever it is that I'm wanting to give up on. This verse helps me to remember to stand firm and let nothing, especially myself, keep me from finishing what I started (or what the Lord has started).

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV

No comments: