Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #1

Happy New Year! And I just have to say that I think it's cool that today's date is 1-1-11 (I get excited over little things like that).

If you read my post the other day, you will remember that I have decided to be publicly accountable (on this blog) to memorizing 24 scripture verses this year. I am doing it at the suggestion of Beth Moore, and you can read more about it here.

For #1, I have chosen a verse really two) that I actually kind of have in my memory already, but as I have contemplated over what verse I need to memorize first, this one kept coming up. I think it will help me in many different areas of my life and want to put into practice what the last part of verse five says to do.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, ESV

If you'd like to join me in this challenge to memorize 24 verses in 2011, please leave a comment letting me know what verse you've chosen. I will commit to pray for you and ask for your prayers for me as I work on this throughout the year.

No comments: