Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!



Just want to give a shout-out to my Mom today while it's still her birthday. Her birthday has been a little bit out of the ordinary, but I think she had a good day after all was said and done! She started the day out at Vanderbilt Medical Center with Dad, but got to bring him home around midday, with a stop at Sonic to get some lunch. She got lots of birthday wishes via e-mail, phone and snail mail. We also had an impromptu birthday dinner from Zoe's Kitchen with some of the family. We'll be having our "official" family celebration for her on Sunday.

One sweet story is that even though my dad was in the hospital recovering from a kidney infection, he still remembered that it was Mom's birthday today. Yesterday afternoon, while Mom was at home resting, Dad called my home and left a message for me to call him. When I talked to him later, he said that he wanted me to go pick out a birthday card for him to give to Mom today. I almost cried at how 12-hours prior, while in the ER with a high fever, he had been confused about what year it was, yet, once his head cleared, he wanted to make sure he could honor his wife on her birthday! Of course I bought a card for him, and made sure it was one that sounded like something he'd want to say to his wife of 46 years.

Mom, you are loved, not only by your sweet husband, but by your daughters, grandchildren, son-in-law, extended family and many friends!

No comments: