Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy February!

I love February! First off, the obvious reason is because I was born this month--TODAY to be exact! So the month just starts off on a good note for me! Today was no exception. Thanks to friends and family, I was THOROUGHLY celebrated and loved on, via phone calls, Facebook wall posts, emails, cards, flowers and gifts! WOW! I was blown away and am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life!

My second reason for loving the month of February is that I am a hopeless romantic and love Valentine's Day, even when I don't have a particularly special Valentine. I just love the idea of giving gifts and cards to those you love. Now, I know that it is important to show love to those around you every day of the year, but I think it's fun to have a special day to do that, too. Some may beg to differ, and if so, that's fine (just keep your opinion to yourself--just kidding!).

My third reason for loving February is because it's the month that my parents chose to be married. On February 28, 1964, they tied the knot, and have been demonstrating a loving relationship to us ever since. You can read more about their love story here.

I guess three reasons are plenty enough to explain my love for this month. I have many friends who were born in February as well, so I know I must share this affinity for it with others. At the risk of unabashedly copying from another, more famous blog I read today, how about everyone leave a comment telling what is your favorite month and why. Come on, it'll be fun (and it's my birthday)!!

No comments: