Thursday, September 6, 2018

100 Days to Brave: Final Update


This past Tuesday was Day 100 of the 100 Days to Brave devotional book I was doing this summer. It felt good to get to the finish line and complete a goal that I had set for myself. Overall, I enjoyed the book and the daily readings. They pointed me to scripture each day and gave me some good journaling/thought prompts.

I think I mentioned at the beginning of the 100 Days to Brave that I don't necessarily consider myself to be brave or to be lacking in courage. I guess I just do what I think I need to do (or what is asked of me) and "just keep swimming" (to quote an animated fish named Dory).

While reflecting on the book on Day 100, I realized that I had several situations this summer where I needed courage, and found it each time, with God's help:

  1. When I started out reading the book, it was Memorial Day and I was living with a dear family who opened their home to me while I was in limbo after selling my house. I was also praying about the possibility of an "outside of the box" living situation and was excited and nervous about how that would look.
  2. Just a few weeks later, the decision was made that I would go ahead with my original plan of buying a house and I made an offer on a town home while on a weekend get-away to Boston. There were many reasons why that took courage and faith, but God led me through it and I felt a peace about it.
  3. The family I was living with was also in transition, so we all couragously walked through the next few weeks waiting for two closings and making preparations for moving. I tried to be an encouragement to them while they were taking very brave steps to move their family overseas!
  4. Last Saturday, I did something that took bravery (and some called crazy): I took a hot air balloon flight! I'll do a separate blog about that experience, but oh, it was so much fun!
Some scripture passages that have stood out to me from this study are:







Bravery and courage come from the Lord. When we trust Him and His ways, He will lead us and help us and strengthen us for whatever He asks us to do! Praise the Lord that He never leaves us nor forsakes us!


No comments: