Thursday, June 21, 2018

100 Days to Brave: Day 25 Update

Hi! I'm still here, still working through the 100 Days to Brave devotional book by Annie F. Downs. Today is Day 25, so we're one fourth of the way through. I've been journaling each day and thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

1. My idea of what I thought I might need to be brave about when I started the book and what I'm actually having to be brave about are different 25 days later. On Day 1, I was waiting to find out if I was going to be a part of a unconventional housing situation, something that sounded exciting to me, but also made me wonder if I had it in me to do it. As of today, I am under contract to buy a townhouse and I still wonder if I have what it takes to actually do it . . . and also have to keep reminding myself that it's really happening.

2. In a whirlwind of activity, I went to see four townhouses in about an hour and half on a Thursday afternoon, then flew to Boston early Friday morning for a fun weekend away, and while there determined that I could put a viable offer to buy my top choice. By the time I got home on Sunday night, we had a verbal acceptance and on Monday morning I signed the written contract.

When I opened my 100 Days to Brave book that Monday morning, we were in a new section titled, "Brave Enough to Believe God. He is who He says He is, I promise." The verse was from Jeremiah 33:3: "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
I had definitely been calling on the Lord throughout the past few months and throughout that weekend and having the answer come so loudly on that particular morning was such an encouragement to me.

3. God still speaks and we can still hear Him. Sometimes I want to hear an audible word from the Lord, but His way of speaking to me is always through His Word. God has shown up each and every day and has used His Word and the words of others in my life and in books and social media to remind me of his steadfast love and faithfulness. One day I woke up feeling anxious and the verse of the day on my Bible app was a verse that reminded me that I do not have to go through life on my own strength:  "But those who trust the Lord will find new strength. They will be strong like eagles soaring upward on wings; they will walk and run without getting tired." (Isaiah 40:31, CEV) Then the daily reading plan was Romans 5, reminding me of the rich truth of the gospel. Finally, someone I follow on Instagram posted a video of the ocean with the lyrics from a song that said, "So let go my soul and trust in Him. The waves and wind still know His name." (It Is Well, Bethel Music). My attitude adjusted and the anxiousness in my mind and soul were lifted and I knew again that God was speaking to me and all I need to do is listen.

There's still a lot that God is speaking to my heart and I'm looking forward to continuing to listen through His Word and throughout the next 75 days.

No comments: