Monday, October 23, 2017

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Well, Hi!

It's been a while since I have posted and I'm honestly trying to decide if I'm going to continue with the blog or let it come to an end. I do enjoy writing and am glad that I have this outlet for sharing thoughts and memories. I think I'll try catching up on some major events that have happened over the past six or seven months and then see how it goes from there.

Before I go on, my salutation at the top reminded me of one of my favorite stories from Daniel's childhood. He was about two or three years old and Halloween was coming, so I thought I should teach him how to trick-or-treat. One day I told him that in a few days he would get to wear a costume and we'd go to our friends' houses to get candy (of course, this sounded like a great idea to him).

I had him go in his room and close the door and told him that I would knock and he should open the door. When he opened the door, I said, "Trick or Treat!" very enthusiastically and offered him a pretend bag for him to put pretend candy inside. We did it that way a couple of times and then I told him that I'd stay in his room and he could go in the hall and knock on the door. When he knocked on the door, I opened it and smiled at him, waiting for him to speak first. After a couple of seconds, I said, "What do you say?" Daniel smiled real big and said very confidently, "Well, hi!"

I burst out laughing and reminded him to say "Trick or Treat!" in order to get candy on Halloween. We've gotten a lot of laughs out of that memory for the past twenty or so years!

So, stay tuned for some new posts coming soon!

No comments: