The day finally came: May 13, 2017 - Daniel's graduation from the University of Tennessee.
And what a great day it was! We drove up to Knoxville on Friday and got to Thompson-Bowling Arena bright and early on Saturday to get good seats. The ceremony lasted a couple of hours, but the speakers were interesting and it was worth it to see Daniel walk across the stage to receive his well-earned degree.
- The graduates don't sit in alphabetical order. They are given a placard with their name as they want it read and what degree that they are receiving.
- The diplomas are mailed out later, so the graduates received rolled up fake diplomas.
- The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest college at UT and is the longest commencement
- Daniel received a Bachelor of Music degree in Studio Music and Jazz w/emphasis on Drum Set
- Daniel and one of his friends, John Dooley (pictured below), have known each other since the fifth grade at Meigs Magnet School and went to Hume-Fogg together before ending up at UT.
- Daniel and his roommate, Luther (also pictured below), also a drummer, met the first week of Freshman year and became fast friends.
|He's down there in the section in the foreground, somewhere in the middle|
|Daniel got to sit with some of his friends|
|Daniel and John Dooley|
|Grandma and Mom with the graduate|
|Analese, Anita, Dad and Noah with the graduate|
|Mom and Dad with the grad: We all did it!|
|Laughing about some antics that Luther and Daniel told about from their dorm days|
|Luther's Senior recital|
|Luther and Daniel|
|We didn't notice until later that the cake has some typos!|
|Showing their true personalities|