Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Favorites: Daughterhood/Motherhood

I realize that I'm almost a week too late for this post, but I didn't want to overlook two of my favorite roles in life: being a mother and being a daughter.



Last Sunday, Mother's Day, I got to spend the afternoon with my mother, having lunch and getting pedicures and then hanging out on my deck. I am continually thankful that God allowed Nancy Ryals to be my mother and that I was chosen by Him to be her daughter. I don't ever want to take for granted how special it is that we get to live in the same town and have for 16 years of my adult life.

I am equally thankful daily that I get to be Mom to Daniel. He needed to stay in Knoxville for a few more days, so didn't make it home for Mother's Day this year, but I got a text and enjoyed his Facebook/Instagram posts commemorating the day.

And when he did get home this week, he came bearing gifts:  Starbuck's card and he had gotten a hair cut (his idea). I also got to spend the evening hearing him play the piano and hearing about what he's been up to at college. It's definitely different in this stage of our mother-son relationship, having him be away and gaining independence, but I'm still so grateful that we can stay in touch and are never more than a text or phone call or Facetime away!

No comments: