Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Favorite: Old and New

 I recently went back to a place that has been a favorite destination, even if it is a fictional town. I finally started reading the latest book in Jan Karon's Mitford series, which came out last year! I bought it in September, planning for it to be my beach book in October, but then I decided to start from the beginning of the series and make my way to the new one. I got distracted along the way and got stuck in the middle of the series with not much motivation to continue on that plan. So this week, I sat out on my deck and opened the "new" book of my "old" favorite series. And it has not disappointed me! Now I can't wait until the next one comes out in another month!

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled on some Sunset magazines at the thrift store. I think I was drawn in by the cover with the camper on the front, but I bought several copies. I was once again reading on my deck and realized how much I liked this magazine. It's actually not new, but has been around for over a century, I believe. I went back and bought the remaining back issues that were at the store, and decided to become a subscriber! I can't wait to dig into more issues and dream about traveling all around the western U.S.!

No comments: