Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Update #2

Well, it's time for another update on my Summer Bucket List (I'll bet you've been waiting on pins and needles for this, right?). As I looked over my list to see what I can cross off, I realized that I neglected to take pictures of some of the things I've done. You'll have to take my word for it, I guess!
  1. Go on a vacation with Daniel (this is a easy one, since our trip is planned)
  2. Create scrapbook layouts for the first six months of 2015 using the Project Life app
  3. Get together with some friends to get some other scrapbooking done
  4. Make cards (either alone or with a friend)
  5. Create monthly/seasonal "vingette" on top of my entertainment center
  6. Do a DIY project for my home
  7. Have a cook-out
  8. Try a new recipe
  9. Cook at home at least once a week
  10. Write a note to someone every week
  11. Read for at least an hour a day
  12. Watch the fireworks on 4th of July
  13. Go to the Farmer's Market
  14. Attend a local festival
  15. Go on a day-trip
Get together with some friends to get some other scrapbooking done. (CHECK)
I was able to spend an entire Saturday with two of my scrapping buddies, Kelly and Barbara, and Katie was there for a part of the day. I can't say that I have a lot of layouts, but we did have some great talks and had fun documenting memories together.

Make cards (either alone or with a friend). (CHECK)
My friend Janine invited me over for dinner and since we often make cards together, I asked her if she'd help me to make some invitations for a bridal shower that I'm helping to host. She graciously helped me put together 28 invitations and we had a great time talking while we worked. And while I wish I had taken a picture of the wonderful meal she cooked or of us sitting on her deck or crafting, I did remember to take a picture of the finished product!

Have a cook out. (CHECK)
My community group planned some dates to get together throughout the summer and for the night we met at my house, we had a cookout. I grilled burgers and hot dogs and everyone brought yummy side items. We ate outside, but couldn't handle the heat/humidity or the bugs too long, so we came back inside to hear about our friends' trip to Rwanda. Again, no pictures of that night, but I have witnesses that it happened!

Try a new recipe. (CHECK)
I think I counted this as checked off in my first update, but I made another new-to-me recipe on a whim last night. I had bought the ingredients for a tomato tart and had a pie crust leftover in the package (forgot to only thaw one crust). I didn't want to waste the crust, so I got out actual cook books and searched for a pie that I could make with ingredients I had on hand (which is not always an easy task at my house). Thankfully, my sister had gifted me with some chocolate chips and pecans (I think those came from her pantry) and I had eggs, flour and butter to make a chocolate chip pie that was in our church cookbook from many years ago. I don't even know the person who entered it, but it sure made a good pie to go with vanilla ice cream! And . . . I took a picture of both the tomato tart and the dessert!



No comments: