Thursday, May 1, 2014

Throw-back Thursday Stories: Week 3 - Sister Friends

Rhesa, Me and Leanne: Sister-Friends


There are so many things I could write about these friends who are like sisters to me. We met in college at Belmont (when it was a "college") when Rhesa and Leanne were freshmen and I was a sophomore. They were roommates and I think we met because their suitemates were friends of mine. Regardless of how we met, we formed a friendship in the dorm and over meals in the cafeteria that has spanned decades.

When this photo was taken in May 2004, I had just entered of one of the hardest times of my life. My marriage was broken and I was devastated and my sister-friends made their way to Nashville to check on me. They both lived in other states and it meant so much to me that they were able to come give me some sister-friend love when I needed it in a big way.

I'm thankful that God provided these life-long friends back in college and that we are still walking through life together, even though we don't live in the same city. We have many memories of fun times that we've had with all of our families and with our other "sister" Jeanette. We know that we're never far from each other in our thoughts and prayers.

(I'm linking up with The Mom Creative for her series called "Throwback Thursday Stories: The story behind the photos.")

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sister friends are a blessing and a treasure. Thanks for sharing about yours!

AKA Jane Random said...

You have some great friends! : ) Thanks for sharing your story.