Thursday, February 6, 2014

Birthday Fun!

I celebrated a birthday this week and my big request from my family was for us all to take a road trip to Knoxville so we could include Daniel in our celebrations.

After getting a late start because of my car repair hiccup (I'll save that for another post or just try to get over it), we got to enjoy a beautiful day in Knoxville and some fun family time together. I am so thankful for my awesome family and the love that they show me 365 days a year!

It was fun to find a playground for the girls to get out some energy and Daniel had a great time giving his "nickle tour" of his dorm and music building (the two main places on campus where he spends his time).








We also got to experience a place where Knoxville natives love to eat:  Litton's Market and Restaurant. They have delicious burgers and we all tried the Key Lime Pie. After talking with some friends who used to live in Knoxville, I want to go back and sample some of the other desserts, too!






Like I said, it was a quick trip, so I was back in Nashville and had a pretty typical day on Monday, my actual birthday. It was fun to get lots of Facebook birthday wishes and to have some birthday cards and packages waiting for me when I got home. And then my sweet friend, Rhesa, and her girls, Rebekah and Rachel, took me out to dinner. We had a fun time catching up and having some "girl time" together at Chili's.


I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends around me who help me celebrate each year of life!





No comments: