Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My heart is full of thankfulness

Last night, I got my college guy back under my roof and we have a long weekend stretched out ahead of us to hang out with each other and with family and friends . . . it just fills my heart with thankfulness pretty much to the brim!

I know others are having similar feelings and experiences, but I also know people who are experiencing a time of grief or sadness or aloneness and my heart goes out to them.

While I am thankful to have family around me and to have a fun son to spend time with this weekend, something I am even more grateful for has been given to me undeserved. Here's a song written by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend and a video performed by Keith and Kristyn Getty that beautifully describes my thankfulness to God for the gift of his Son, Jesus.


My Heart Is Filled
Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who bore my pain
Who plumbed the depths of my disgrace
And gave me life again
Who crushed my curse of sinfulness
And clothed me in His light
And wrote His law of righteousness
With power upon my heart
My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who walks beside
Who floods my weaknesses and strengths
And causes fear to fly
Whose every promise is enough
For every step I take
Sustaining me with arms of love
And crowning me with grace
My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who reigns above;
Whose wisdom is my perfect peace;
Whose every thought is love.
For every day I have on earth
Is given by then King.
So I will give my life, my all,
To love and follow Him.
Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Copyright  © 2003 Thankyou Music/MCPS

No comments: