Saturday, September 7, 2013

Red

Yesterday I ran across a blog and there was a five-minute writing prompt about "Red." I wanted to participate, but didn't want to let this post override my Flashback Friday post about my sister, so here's my post a day late:

Red is my favorite color. I am not really sure why that is, but I know it's been my favorite for a long time. My high school colors were red and white and black (depending on who you were asking) and I seem to always like red foods, like apples, red jelly beans, strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes. You get the picture.

I remember one time I was wanting a red wall in my house. A friend who is good at styling/decorating came over and suggested that we switch the placement of our couch and then paint the new focal wall a brick red color. I loved the idea and I love the wall, even ten years later!

Red is a fun color to me. It makes me happy to see it and makes me think of good times and things that make me happy. I wouldn't want my whole bedroom painted red, but I love having a red quilt and red accents in different rooms of my house.

I'm also particular about the shade of red. It can't be too "orangey" so I like to say that I like a "blue" red. If you're a color person, you probably understand what I mean. Otherwise, you can just try to figure it out.

My friend recently got a red convertible and I think it's a fun car for a fun friend! I don't want to own a convertible myself, so I'll just live vicariously through her.

No comments: