Saturday, September 28, 2013

Burlap Wreath Tutorial

When I saw this wreath back in March, I immediately wanted to figure out how to make it for myself.



My friend, Robin, in her crafty wisdom, told me I should get a wire wreath form and some of the wide burlap ribbon that is in craft stores. I think I finally bought the materials later in the summer, and I still intended to add a bird's nest, birds and forsythia to decorate it. Good thing those pieces will keep until the season is more appropriate!

Once I got ready to actually make my wreath, I did a Google search and found this video tutorial to watch and go by. There are others out there, but this was the one that seemed easiest to me and gave me the results I wanted. I think to get the fullness of the wreath I was trying to imitate, I would need wider ribbon and would need to make the loops bigger. It's all in what you like, though.









No comments: