Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving! I really love this time of year and it's been fun to read Facebook posts all month and see what others are thankful for. My list includes most of what I've read from others. I'm a big fan of thankfulness all year long, but it's nice that we have this time set aside each year to really focus on being thankful.

Two big categories of people who I am thankful for today are my friends and my family.

Friends:  I wish that I could list by name all of the friends who I am thankful for in my life. In my journal, I started listing and realized I could fill up pages with names of friends, near and far. I am so thankful to have the gift of friendship and am humbled when I think of all of the people God has put in my life through the years.

Family:  Today I am also thankful for my family. My mom and I are getting to spend some time with her brother and family for Thanksgiving and will be in touch with other members of our family throughout the day and weekend. I'm thankful that while we can't physically be with all of our family members on Thanksgiving, we can and do hold each other in our hearts and are able to stay connected in many ways.

"I thank my God every time I remember you. I always pray with joy in my every prayer for all of you because of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am sure of this very thing, that the one who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-6, NET


No comments: