Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankfulness Thursday

Happy November! I wanted to put something up here today on my blog since it's a new month. A few years ago I wrote a blog every day of November telling about things I am thankful for. I could do that again, and every month, but I thought maybe this year I'll have "Thankful Thursdays" for all of the Thursdays in November (and maybe I'll continue to do it after the month is over).


Today I'm thankful for:
  • Daniel's college applications being completed and submitted (oh wait, there's that one last essay-- well, then I'm thankful that the applications are almost all finished).
  • A nice, relaxing weekend in Destin last weekend with some dear friends. It was great weather and we had fun just doing whatever was restful (reading, watching the sunset, finding yard sales).
  • Generous friends who include me in activities like the one last week.
  • Our continuing Fall season in Nashville. When I returned from Florida, it was cooler and the leaves were still somewhat on the trees.
  • A family who lives close by and who likes to get together on the spur of the moment.
  • My son who makes me laugh (usually not at my expense, but sometimes I am the reason we're laughing).
I'd also like to invite you to add your own thanksgivings in the comments. Don't be shy and don't worry if you don't have a Google account. I have made it so you can comment as "anonymous" if you want.

So . . . what are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm thankful for Daniel's college applications, too! I'm so proud and excited, waiting to see what God plans for him. Yes, I'm a doting aunt, but he is a great guy!!!!

I'm thankful for my sweet sister who loves me and loves my girls and dotes on them like any perfect aunt would do!!!

I'm thankful for your blog. I love reading it all throughout the year, covering funny, sentimental, and timely topics that always brighten my day.

Nanette R. said...

Awww . . . thanks, Sis! I always know that at least one person (two, counting Mom) reads my blog. :-)