Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hymn Sunday: 'Tis So Sweet

I can remember singing this old hymn in church through the years. It recently got "new life" by Dave Hunt, Mathew Linton and Wendy Wills, all of whom I know and have gone to church with (or currently do). It is recorded on Dave's latest CD, Ebenezer, which I highly recommend that you go right now and purchase on iTunes. I especially like the different chorus they added. This hymn is a good reminder for me when my trust is waning and anxieties are starting to take the forefront of my thoughts.

‘Tis So Sweet

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, thus saith the Lord!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’neath the healing, cleansing flood!

I will trust in You, I will trust in You
Love has proved You o’er and o’er
O for grace to trust You more

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking life
And rest, and joy and peace.

Written by Louisa Stead(1850-1917), Dave Hunt, Mathew Linton and Wendy Wills
©2010 Modine Gunch Music(ASCAP), I Believe So Music and Shparkenmusik(BMI)

No comments: