Monday, February 27, 2012

Slow down, you move too fast!

I remember when my sister was learning to read and she came upon the words, "Whoa, whoa," in a book about a horse. Reading out loud, it came out as, "Wo-ah, wo-ah!"

I am feeling like I need to yell out, "Wo-ah, wo-ah" about our life right now. It's all good stuff and I am so thankful for all of the blessings that God has given us. But, please, can we slow down, just a bit? This is what I'm talking about: 
  • Daniel will take his ACT and SAT tests this Spring, in addition to two AP exams for history and English, on top of final exams in May.
  • At the end of March, the Silver Jazz Band will travel to Savannah, Georgia, for a band competition and Daniel will be playing drums. In the car on the way to school this morning, he was talking about the band trip next Fall to Orlando/Universal Studios. "It'll be my Senior band trip!" 
  • We've already been to visit two colleges and there will be more visits in the coming months (I guess . . . he hasn't let us in on where those might be yet).
  • In August, Daniel will start the last year of high school (yes, it's called Senior year).
Please don't hear me complaining or think I am not wanting Daniel to grow up as he should. All I'm saying is that maybe we could slow down the pace, just a bit?

And as my grandmother used to say, "If wishes were horses, beggars could ride." Yep, that's what I thought. I'll just buckle my seat belt and hang on for the wild ride!

No comments: