Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Favorite: Surprises!


A few weeks ago, my sweet friend, Ruth stopped by my office to bring me a present. It wasn't my birthday (yet). In fact, it was just a regular January day. Ruth told me that she was bringing me a January Surprise. It was a painting of the Bluebird Cafe that she had done for me, which I love (the painting and the place)!

A little more of the back story is that back in November, Ruth and her daughter and I went to a craft sale at The Station Inn near downtown Nashville. There were lots of vendors with lots of cool, hand-made stuff, and we all found fun gifts to give friends and family, and were creatively inspired to make some things of our own. At that sale, we saw a painting of the Bluebird Cafe (one of my favorite places in Nashville), but it was large, and cost more than I needed to spend, so I got the name of the artist and went on my way.

Well, Ruth was evidently inspired that day, and decided to make me a painting of the Bluebird Cafe! What a thoughtful friend! And it warmed my heart so much for her to surprise me with it on an ordinary January day! Because if you didn't know this about me, I love surprises (good ones, of course) and I love gifts (small or large, store-bought or hand-made). It just make me feel very special and loved!

So, I wanted to share the love and reciprocate with a special "thank you" for Ruth. I knew that Anderson Design Group had done a Bluebird Cafe print and I thought I had a post card of it somewhere. Long story short, I didn't have one on hand, but I finally was able to get what I needed to create the card that I was envisioning in my mind. Here's how it turned out:


I could also say that some of my favorite things are the Bluebird Cafe, card-making, and the Spirit of Nashville prints, but I'll save those for some other Friday Favorites!

No comments: