Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Has anyone seen Old Man Winter?


Actually, I'm not sure that old gentleman was ever here in Nashville this year. Oh wait, there was the snow day that they had when the roads were clear by 8:00am. And I know it's been getting down in the 30s at night some.

I realize that many people I know will not like what I'm going to say, but I want some snow! I would like to have some actual winter temperatures and weather. In my book, it's supposed to be cold in the winter, not wavering between the 50s and 60s in January!

The thing is, I don't have a real vested interest in it being cold and snowy outside. I'm not a teacher, nor am I a student, so I will have to go to work as long as the roads are safe to drive on. But that's fine. I like my job. I am blessed with employers who are flexible when it comes to things like that, so we don't sweat the snow days.

I just like for it to be cold in the winter, with some snow thrown in for fun. So, as we move from January into February this week, would you please join me in praying for some real winter weather, at least for a month? I'm OK with spring weather coming around in March. Along with the early spring flowers. Right now, the poor crocuses and forsythia think it's time to bloom, but I'm afraid they are going to be very surprised when the cold weather hits. And so will all "you people" who have been happy about these mild temperatures in January! :-)

No comments: