Thursday, September 1, 2011

2011 Scripture Memory #17

Happy September! I always like this month of the year and am personally glad to see August behind us once again. Bring on the cooler temps! Come on, Fall, we're ready for you!

OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system, here's the verse I'm highlighting this month. It's the fifth verse from the Six Points of the Gospel from Crossings Camp this summer.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9

Salvation is a free gift by grace.

By grace, through faith. That's such a wonderful truth to ponder any day of the week, every month of the year! Let that sink in a little bit.

And I know that I need a reminder daily that this free gift is nothing of my own doing, so I can just put my pride and boasting away. I'm so thankful that my salvation isn't dependent on my own ability to be good and righteous, because that's just impossible! Thank you, Jesus, for doing for me what I could not do for myself!

No comments: