Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A New Obsession

I think it's safe to say that when it comes to trendy things in life, I am usually slightly, if not exceedingly, late to the party. I guess I like to see how the trends are going to go and then jump on board. Or maybe I just stick to what I know too much and then when I finally wake up and realize what others are talking about, it's been five years! Such is the case with my latest "obsession" with The Pioneer Woman.

Sure, I've seen links to her blog on my friends' blogs and I've heard people talk about recipes that they have tried that were in her cookbook. But it wasn't until a few months ago that I clicked on a link to her blog one day and then found myself checking often to see what new stuff she'd written. She writes in a way that makes you want to sit down with her at her kitchen table and eat one of the yummy desserts she's made (and photographed so nicely). And the photos . . . they're real pretty!




She recently wrote a book about her whirlwind romance with her husband, The Marlboro Man (just a reference to his rugged cowboy looks). I put my name on the list to get the book from the library and when it came in, I read it in about two days! It was written in her usual funny way and was a fun and easy read to start my summer off right. Now, if I could just find me a cowboy to sweep me off my feet (just kidding . . . I don't think this city girl would survive on the Oklahoma prairie!)

If there are any other trends I've been missing out on, please feel free to enlighten me. I'll be sure to get obsessed over them after another five years!

No comments: