Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Favorites

I've decided to start a new little series called "Friday Favorites." You may have noticed that I have a list of some of my favorite things in the sidebar to the right, so I'm going to take one of those and also include other things that I haven't included on that list. Should be a fun, little thing to look forward to each week!

I actually got this idea as I was filling up my Tervis tumbler with water today at work. I realized that this tumbler is one of my all-time favorite cups and I hadn't put it on my favorites list! For shame (haha)! I've added it now and it's my first favorite thing to spotlight:





I also use mine with a lid and a big straw and that makes it even easier to drink lots of water during the day. Here are some reasons why Tervis tumbers are my favorite cup:


  1. Tervis tumblers do not sweat! 
  2. You can put iced or hot beverages in them and they stay the temperature that they are meant to be (within a reasonable time, of course).
  3. This cup fits nicely in the cup holder in my car, ensuring most days that I will not spill water in the floor of my car (or in the seat) like I sometimes did when I used a different insulated water mug.
  4. You can get fun designs or personalizations for your cup. I bought mine at a retail store, but I know that you can order them directly from the company with personalized sayings or names. You can also choose from all kinds of sports teams.
  5. Tervis tumblers make great gifts. I have given them to friends with their own initial on the cup, and was so excited a few weeks ago when I went to buy a wedding shower gift and the bride and groom had Tervis tumblers on their registry! I was happy to purchase a set of monogrammed tumblers for their new home (although their last name begins with "R" like mine, so I was very tempted to sneak the set out with me when I left the shower!).
So, there you have it. If you're looking for a new cup to drink lots of water during the day (a-hem, Dad), this might be a good one to try. Or if you just want to find out more about some of my favorite things, be sure and check back every Friday for a while (I'm sure my list will run out eventually).

1 comment:

Andrea said...

A cup that doesn't sweat? Really? Where does one get said tumblers? I'm SURE they don't exist in this country, but maybe I can order a couple or something. :)

Andrea F.
www.thesouthasiayears.com